PDQeX phytoGEM Kit
Suitable for studying plant genotypes and genetic variation, endophytic plant pathogens, genetic mapping, fingerprinting, microsatellite marker-assisted selection, and for evaluating the authenticity of exported plant varieties, botanical extracts and molecular detection of food adulterant.
Produces double-stranded DNA suitable for PCR and qPCR.
Each kit contains PDQeX prepGEM, Histosolv, enhancer, GREEN+ buffer, phytocards, and extractor tubes.
The PDQeX phytoGEM kit offers a simple hands-off method for DNA extraction and purification of a variety of plant samples.
Using MicroGEM’s PDQeX Nucleic Acid Extractor, there are only two simple steps – quick sample prep and closed tube automated DNA extraction and purification. The method provides quicker turn-around time for all plant sample types, even your toughest challenges.
- Thermophilic proteinase and mesophilic cell wall degrading glycosyl hydrolases lyse cells, destroy nucleases, digest protein and release DNA
- Streamlined approach provides plant to PCR-ready DNA from up to 24 samples of plant tissue, fungi or plant pathogens in less than 15 minutes
- Easy sampling (such as crushing leaves onto a storage card) provides a long-term storage solution
- Flexibility to use homogenized leaves or ground plant tissue – whichever sample prep suits your needs
- Quick sample prep frees up technician time, reduces lab costs, and speeds up response time
- Disposable, sealed tube protects the integrity of the sample
- Superior removal of inhibitors
- Simplified workflow and quick DNA extraction result in faster answers and interventions