prepGEM Bacteria Kit
Suitable for extracting DNA from bacteria (Gram-positive and Gram-negative), protozoa, archaea, colonies and liquid cultures, biofilm and mucosal samples, swabs, and metagenomic DNA including soil, stool and water.
Produces single-stranded DNA suitable for PCR, qPCR, targeted sequencing (amplicon sequencing) from metagenomic samples, 16S rDNA sequencing
Each kit contains prepGEM, lysozyme, GREEN+ buffer, enhancer and wash.
MicroGEM’s Bacteria kit provides a simple automated approach to studying a wide range of microbial cultures.
Every aspect of the MicroGEM method ensures the samples are processed quickly and gently.
Minimal sample prep, closed tube processing, and gentle lysis ensure that cross contamination and DNA fragmentation are drastically reduced, making MicroGEM’s extraction process streamlined while preserving the integrity of low abundance species.
- Novel temperature-driven enzymatic lysis using a thermophilic proteinase in combination with mesophilic lysozyme
- Rapid workflow- 1/4th the time taken by other methods
- Easily automated for high throughput
- Closed system- no cross contamination and protection against pathogens
- Gentle lysis with no transfer steps- preserves DNA and improves community representation in metagenomic samples
- Minimal handling and pipetting of samples means DNA is exceptionally intact with high molecular weight
- Can be easily adapted to different sample types and workflows