MinION is the only portable, real-time device for DNA and RNA sequencing, putting you in control of your sequence data.
Everything you need to explore the technology and investigate the potential of real-time analysis.
- Each consumable flow cell can now generate as much as 30 Gb of DNA sequence data or 7-12 million reads if you are analysing RNA. Ultra-long read lengths are possible (hundreds of kb) as you can choose your fragment length. The MinION streams data in real
- The MinION™ is a small, self-contained device for nanopore sequencing. It plugs directly into a standard USB 3.0 port on a desktop or laptop computer.
- The MinION device is controlled by MinKNOW™ software.
- MinKNOW carries out several core tasks: data acquisition, real-time analysis and feedback, basecalling, data streaming, device control including selecting the run parameters, sample identification and tracking and ensuring that the platform chemistry is performing correctly to run the samples.
- Despite its size, the MinION is capable of sequencing many gigabases (Gbases) in a single sequencing experiment. As such, it is recommended that users purchase a powerful PC to ensure all the technology features are accessible.