Fetal bovine serum (FBS) comes from the blood drawn from a bovine fetus via a closed system of collection at the slaughterhouse.
Fetal bovine serum is the most widely used serum-supplement for the in vitro cell culture of eukaryotic cells.
This is due to it having a very low level of antibodies and containing more growth factors, allowing for versatility in many different cell culture applications.
The globular protein, bovine serum albumin (BSA), is a major component of fetal bovine serum.
The rich variety of proteins in fetal bovine serum maintains cultured cells in a medium in which they can survive, grow, and divide.
- US Origin (Premium/Supreme)
- Rapid and cold processing
- Lot-to-lot consistency
- Triple 100nm filtered with single use filter
- Ultra low hemoglobin level
- Mycoplasma, Bacteria, Virus tested
- Ultra low endotoxin level