PDQeX prepGEM Bacteria Kit
Suitable for extracting DNA from Gram-positive bacteria, Gram-negative bacteria, protozoa, archaea, colonies and liquid cultures, biofilm and mucosal samples, swabs, and metagenomic DNA including soil, stool, and water.
Double-stranded DNA extracts suitable for PCR, qPCR, targeted amplicon sequencing from metagenomic samples and whole genome sequencing.
Each kit contains PDQeX prepGEM, lysozyme, enhancer, GREEN+ buffer, wash, and extractor tubes.
MicroGEM’s PDQeX Bacteria Kit provides a simple automated approach to studying a wide range of microbial cultures.
Using MicroGEM’s PDQeX Nucleic Acid Extractor, purified double-stranded DNA is generated, making it the perfect solution when working with inhibitory samples (for example soil and stool).
Every aspect of the MicroGEM method ensures the samples are processed quickly and gently.
Minimal sample prep, closed tube processing, and gentle lysis ensure that cross contamination and DNA fragmentation are drastically reduced, making MicroGEM’s extraction process streamlined while preserving the integrity of low abundance species.
- Novel temperature controlled enzymatic lysis using a thermophilic proteinase in combination with mesophilic Lysozyme
- Rapid workflow- 1/4th the time taken by other methods
- Easily automated for high throughput
- Closed system- no cross contamination and protection against pathogens
- Gentle lysis with no transfer steps- preserves DNA and improves community representation in metagenomic samples
- Minimal handling and pipetting of samples- DNA is exceptionally intact and high molecular weight.
- Can be easily adapted to different sample types and workflows