PromethION Flow Cell
The PromethION Flow Cell contains up to 3000 nanopore channels for sequencing DNA or RNA in real time
- A pack contains 4 PromethION flow cells
- A user simply adds their prepared library to the flow cell and starts their sequencing experiment
- Data is accumulated over time as DNA or RNA is sequenced by the nanopores. Individual read files are generated and are immediately available for analysis
- As data is streamed in real-time, a user can choose to stop a run as soon as sufficient data is gathered.
- A flow cell contains sufficient buffer to run for ~64 hours (under optimal conditions) and a user can choose to run continuously or run, stop, wash, and load a new sample until the buffer and nanopores are exhausted