Oxford Nanopore offers a range of options for converting your original biological sample to a form ready for application into a nanopore sensing device.
Oxford Nanopore has developed VolTRAX – a small device designed to perform library preparation automatically, so that a user can get a biological sample ready for analysis, hands-free. VolTRAX is designed as an alternative to a range of lab equipment, to allow consistent and varied, automated library prep options.
VolTRAX v1 has been available in an early access programme, and VolTRAX V2 was introduced in late 2018. You can purchase the device now in store.
- VolTRAX is designed to automate sample prep for nanopore analyses.
- The consumable VolTRAX cartridge is used with a small USB-powered device.
- The VolTRAX is designed to allow users to add sample and reagents to the device and then walk away while they are prepared for nanopore sequencing.
- In VolTRAX, liquids are moved around the cartridge in a path programmed by software, performing individual reactions in sequence.
- A range of traditional library preparation kits are also currently available to MinION users.