DMSO (Dimethylsulfoxide) is a colourless organic solvent which enters the cell and distributes inside the cell to prevent the formation of damaging ice crystals during the freezing procedure.
Dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO) Bio Chemica
Dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO) for cell culture
Our freezing medium is recommended for the cryoconservation of cells. The medium is based on DMEM, supplemented with a mix of fetal bovine serum and DMSO. This composition guarantees a high survival rate and excellent cell growth after thawing.
Cryopan I is a serum-free freezing medium for the cryoconservation of cells in a nitrogen storage tank or an ultra-low temperature freezer (< -150° C). It contains DMSO.
● Refrigerate freezing medium, culture medium and freezing tubes!
● Trypsinize cells, transfer the cells into the culture medium and centrifuge. Discard the supernatant and resuspend in culture medium
● Cell count should be adjusted to 1 - 5 x 106/ml. The cells should be carefully resuspended to avoid clustering
● Spin down and resuspend the cells in an appropriate volume of cool freezing medium by pipetting only once or twice. Distribute 1 ml cell suspension per freezing tube
● To achieve a defined freezing rate of about 1° C per minute, manual freezing devices or computer controlled freezing may be used
Ideal freezing rate: decrease of 1° C per minute
10 ml50 ml